The top picture is said to be Form 5 Science, back in 1967. The bottom one is the Anderson School Library Prefectorial Board, also from 1967. Do you see yourself in any/both of these pictures? We’d like to hear from you – perhaps tell us a tale or two about your years at Anderson School, Ipoh :)

We’d like to thank Lai Wai Mun for these two pictures.

Hi Elaine Scheltens-Wong.
    Your name’s quite a mouthful & have to retyped & quite unique.
    If you are referring to the bottom picture – the Prefectorial Board, he is none other than High Court Judge of Appeal Justice Datuk Jeffrey Tan Kok Wha.
    During the Anderson School tutor project, I was very privileged to be his student.
    He has made a great impact of Anderson School which made us proud.

Hi Elaine Scheltens-Wong,
    For your kind info, your acquaintance,
    Datuk Jeffrey Tan Kok Wha has been elevated
    to a Federal Court Judge.

Thursday April 5, 2012

Two women judges elevated to Federal Court

PUTRAJAYA: Two women judges have been elevated to the highest court in the country.

Federal Court Justices Datin Zaleha Zahari, 63, and Datuk Zainun Ali, 60, will be the fourth and fifth women, respectively, to have the honour.

They were sworn in before Chief Justice Tan Sri Arifin Zakaria at the Palace of Justice here yesterday, having received their appointment letters from the King earlier.

Two others appointed to the Federal Court were Justices Datuk Seri Sulong Matjerie, 64, and Datuk Jeffrey Tan Kok Hwa, 62.

In his speech, Arifin said the judiciary had an open attitude to criticisms, acknowledging that judges too were human and “not spared from making mistakes.”

“But I would like to emphasise that the court takes seriously any act that may taint its dignity and integrity.

“I want to stress the power to punish for contempt of court is not meant to protect a judge but to defend judicial dignity so that the adminstration of justice runs smoothly.”

Others elevated were: Court of Appeal Justices Datuk Abdul Aziz Abdul Rahim, 62, and Datuk Lim Yee Lan, 60, and High Court Justices Datuk Hasnah Mohd Hashim, 52, Harmindar Singh Dhaliwal, 53, Hadhariah Syed Ismail, 53, Supang Lian, 52, and Stephen Chung Hian Guan, 58.

Congratulation to Datuk Jeffrey Tan Kok Wha.

Tsang Chee Wah wrote the followin on another blog on October 10th, 2012 at 11:00 am

Hi Old Andersonians,
    I am in class 1972 HSC and have come back to Malaysia to retire. I would like to contact some old school mates to catch up with the old times. If anyone who reads this mail can provide some information as to how to get in touch with some very old long lost schoolmates, I would be grateful to hear from you

Can anyone help?

Hi, Tsang Chee Wah via ika,

You can try to call
    Lucus Asirvatham
    May 20th, 2012 at 6:55 pm • Reply
    I was in ASI from 1966 to 1970/1971
    I would like to organise a reunion dinner/get together for
    year 1970/71/72 sometime in nov 2013.
    so plse contact me and also help me to locate the other classmates
    for the big meeting of the old boys.
    Contact no. 013-5101210/05-5271210
    at present i m the sectretary for the TAC ( The Andersonions Club)
    Tq
    Lucus

Lucus & Zali Mohd Hussain are orgainising a Reunion. Please get in touch with them.

ZALI MOHD HUSSAIN ( GP )
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:10 pm • Reply
    CALLING ALL ANDERSONIANS’ REGARDING AGE, RACE AND ANY YEAR IN ANDERSON SCHOOL-THE ANDERSONIANS’ CLUB IPOH IS NOW ORGANIZING A GRAND DINNER ON 29th DECEMBER 2012 AT SYUEN HOTEL BALLROOM,8.00 PM, SATURDAY NITE.THIS DINNER IS IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR FUND RAISING PROGRAMME, THAT’S TO ENABLE THE CLUBHOUSE TO DO EXTENTION, RENOVATION AND UPGRADING WORKS. THE CLUB WAS ESTABLISHD SINCE 1939. THIS YEAR THE CLUBHOUSE IS 73 YEARS OLD.( 27 YEARS MORE TO CELEBRATE THE 100th YEARS IN 2039 ) THE COMING YEAR 2014, THE CLUBHOUSE WILL BE 75 YEARS OLD AND IS A DIAMOND JUBILEE YEAR.THE ANDERSONIANS’ IS TRULY HOPING, THE CLUB WILL BE READY BY THEN.UPON COMPLETION,ALL ANDERSONIAN MEMBERS CAN UTILISE THE CLUBHOUSE WITH BETTER FACILITIES, WIDER SPACE AND CLEANER ENVIRONMENT.A PROPOSED PLAN OF THE CLUB EXTENSION IS ON DISPLAY AT THE CLUB NOTICE BOARD.SO, ANDERSONIANS’,WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT. PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND THIS DINNER AT ALL COST.THE TICKETS ARE SOLD AT RM 1,000 PER TABLE FOR TEN OR RM 100 PER PAX. ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE CLUB EXTENSION FUND. FOR RESERVATION PLEASE CALL; DATO DR. MOHD KADIR ( CLUB VICE PRESIDENT 012 502 1000 ) MR LUCUS -( CLUB HON.SECRETARY 013 510 1210 ) EN SAIFUL MOHD -( CLUB HON.TREASURER 016 558 9948 )EN ZALI -( CLUB COMMITTEE 019 595 7699 ) AND CIKGU ROS SAIDON -( ANDERSON SCHOOL TEACHER 013 521 2890 )ANY DONATIONS & CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE FUND WILL BE A BLESSING TO ALL ANDERSONIANS. THANK YOU.
    You can read the postings on this link:-
    Happy Reunion.
    Alternatively, please give more details.
    Were you in Upper Six in 1972 & when did you join
    in Anderson School ?
    Did you come in 1966 Form 1 or Lower Six in 1971.
    This will narrow down our search.
    Welcome back.

Hi Tsang Chee Wah,
    Very good news.
    Your search is over.
    I have positive respond from
    Tony Ooi & Oon Eng Soon who are also very anxious to
    contact you.
    You must have a great impact on their lives that they can remember you.
    One of them remembers way back to Seri Kepayang days !
    Thanks to Ipohworld .
    In reading, ika, please provide
    Tsang Chee Wah contact to me & I forward to
    his long lost classmate who are currently overseas
    but he will get some from back home once the connection is complete. Happy Reunion, Andersonians.

Hi Tsang Chee Wah,

I wonder if you know these two old Andersonians.
    Both of them have not seen each other for 40 over years
    and recently they met up in Cold Coast, Australia.
    Ken Chung from NZ & Ron Lee Ghim Meng from Cold Coast.

Good connection from Ipohworld & Gong Xi Fa Cai to all of you who are celebrating the Chinese Water Snake Year & if you are born in the snake year,1953, it has gone round five times meaning Happy 60th Birthday to you.

7. Chew Kok Seong says:

Ono Eng Soon was in my class in 1969 Form 4 S3, a naturally gifted and intelligent student, not only academically but also at art. His watercolour of a ice hockey player still embedded in my memory.
    One of the things I was really envious of at that time was his large collection of Airfix planes.
    I think his brother studied in England, something aeronautical.
    Is Tony Ooi in the same year as us? He was probably in London for a short period.

• Tony OOi says:

Hi Kok Seong,
      How are you?
      So glad that SK has left me a message and that
      you are asking after me.

Do write when you have time, and we can Skype
      Are u retired now?
      Best Wishes
      Tony

Like his brother, Eng Hock, I didnt know Eng Soon also collects Airfix planes.
    Tony is in OZ land, now.
    Hope you get connected with Eng Soon.

Hi Chew Kok Seong,
    You got a response from Oon Eng Soon…
    “Do you have his photo ? He definitely got me mixed up with Eng Hock on the aeroplanes. But he was right about the painting. I do have a painting of a ice hockey player. I feel very honoured that it made such an impression on him. He may be one of our neighbours staying in Green Hill Drive.
    ES ”
    Well, Kok Seong, you can ask Ipohworld Ed to pass me you email so that I can convey it to your long lost pal.
    I wonder if he still has the ice hockey player
    painting. You can share with us when you get connected to him.
    Cheers.

We are in receipt of the following email from YK Choong:

Hi Ian,
    I was in the School Cadet/Band 1966.(FB link below), and would like to trace a classmate (2nd from right, seated)from your Anderson School Library Prefectorial Board 1967 blog foto.
    He was standing 5th, from the left(refer my Cadet/Band foto 1966, FB link below).

regards/Choong

Can anyone help him please?

11. Bharat Kumar says:

Can I contact Tsang Che Wah please…….
    I was in LSS Seri Kepayang 19966-1968
    We were the first batch
    I think we were also in the same class
    Your house was just outside the school gate
    I went on to ASD 1969-1972
    Will this information be enough to get us going!!??
    Oon Eng Soon .. we were in 4S1 and 5S1 in 1969/10970
    You sang at the Talentime??
    Love to get some information through my email
    THANKS
    Bharat Kumar

Hi YK Choong & Bharat Kumar,

Have send your info to our loop.
    YKChoong – your facebook page cannot be accessed.

Thanks Ian for your link.

13. YK Choong says:

Tks very much sk, ika for the info !!!
    Yes, yes he is Lim Kok Sin, and was in same class with me in Form V 1966.
    Btw, would like to keep in touch with some of them,year 1966 especially, if they are active on Fb. And much appreciated if there is an class attendance name list/contact which may be shared.

I have set the facebook link(ASI Cadet foto) to ‘Public’ so should be able to access now.

Hi YK Choong,

Yes, I can see Lim Kok Sin in the picture.
    Dont know if you know Drum Major Chan Heng Hock.
    He is with Kok Sin’s Cadet Corp 1966-1967.
    Look around Ipohworld for Old Andersonians.
    You may find a lot of your friends there.

Hi, Bharat Kumar,
    Good news for you. Oon Eng Soon also wishes to connect you.

Will both YK Choong & Bharat Kumar send your email to me via. Ipohworld so that I can forward it.

Cheers.
    SK

In reading, Ika, kindly send me the above emails after their consent.

Thanks. you are a great connector.