This is No.14, Tiger Lane (Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah) – back in 1948. To what we know, the Clemetson family lived here and they were well known to the Iversens (B M Iversen‘s family).
After the family left, the house remained empty. Sadly, now it is almost ‘invisible’ from the main road – with the grass growing wild, and creepers scaling the walls (see our previous posting on this mansion). Does anyone know WHO owns the land now? How come nothing has been done to prevent the house from ‘wasting away’…..or at least keep the lawn in order?
Those who frequently travel along Tiger Lane (Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah) would have noticed this building (see picture below).
This is the Freemason’s Lodge, which was built by B M Iversen in the 1930s. This was the second Lodge; the first one was at Maxwell Road (which was also used by Anderson School in the late 1920s).
This present building is still in use today – from what we know, the members meet here on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
Does anyone out there know WHO this house once belonged to? It seems to have been abandoned for many years now – notice the plants growing in and around the building!
Judging from the design and the land around it, this house must have been the home of a rich Towkay. It’s a pity, such a beautiful house is now being left to rot 🙁
Those who frequently travel along Tiger Lane (Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah) might find this a familiar sight. We look forward to your comments.