This picture was sent to us by Hasbi, who also provided us with some information:
1. 6th December 1927 – The Grand Hotel building which housed The Anglo-Chinese Girls School turned again into hotel.
2. 29th December 1928 – Grand Hotel new Dance Hall and Lounge were opened Saturday night by Mrs. E. A. Dickson, wife of D.O. Kinta.
3. 1st May 1936 – Voluntary liquidation of Grand Hotel, bought over by a wealthy Chinese syndicate, manager Mr. Lim Hee Jee.
4. 16th December 1937 – Dance Hall re-opened at Grand Hotel.
We thank Hasbi for the picture and the little details. Sadly, the Grand Hotel is no more…however, judging from the picture…..it was quite a magnificent building indeed!