Miracle Chalk? We’ve all heard the usual salesmen rhetoric about ‘magical’ products. But have you heard of Miraculous Insecticide Chalk? If you’ve used it before, we’d like to know if it works. Also, do you use it like regular chalk? No related posts. By felicia|2017-10-02T16:45:16+08:00October 2nd, 2017|Categories: Identify Photographs|Tags: insecticide, pest control|4 Comments Share This Story, Choose Your Platform! FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditWhatsappGoogle+TumblrPinterestVkEmail Related Posts Teen Idols? Gallery Teen Idols? Singing with emotion Gallery Singing with emotion Then & Now – Movie Posters Gallery Then & Now – Movie Posters ‘Reel’ life Gallery ‘Reel’ life Sports Idol Gallery Sports Idol 4 Comments Ipoh Remembered October 3, 2017 at 10:59 am - Reply Have not used it. Apparently it does work, in the sense that it can kill an insect by quickly destroying its nervous system. The problem is that it can harm people, too, especially kids. Also, do you use it like regular chalk? You can use it to draw lines, literally and figuratively. Once the insect, say, an ant, senses the pesticide in its path, it shies away — and does not cross the line. I suppose that, to use it against mosquitoes and the like, you could cover yourself with it — but that would be a terrible idea. felicia October 3, 2017 at 3:28 pm - Reply I looked this up on Wikipedia….it seems the chalk contains pesticides such as deltamethrin and cypermethrin. This chalk is not legal in the US, but is sold on the quiet at corner stores (apparently, the product is illegally brought in from China). sk October 4, 2017 at 12:00 pm - Reply If I am not mistaken, its also banned here. The chemical affects the nerves. NCK October 4, 2017 at 8:07 pm - Reply According to the website of NPIC of the US, “children are especially prone to poisoning from insecticidal chalk because it looks and writes like normal chalk, and the pesticide dust can be breathed in, get on their hands or end up in their mouths”. This reasoning plus “some incidents” have caused the ban on some of these chalks not in compliance with EPA’s packaging requirements. Both deltamethrin and cypermethrin are common materials for pesticides. Common sense tells us that all pesticides are poisonous and must be handled with due diligence, although some people might find it easy to blame the product when something bad happened. Even naphthalene balls could be swallowed by babies, and perhaps toddlers, if you didn’t pay attention. In the olden days, people filled the leg bowls of their kitchen cabinets with “ant powder” to keep away ants. Many common pesticides such as aerosols and rodenticides still find their uses today. So far I have not heard of any accidental human consumption of these pesticides. Leave A Comment Cancel reply Comment Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Prove that you are a human!