Designed by A B Hubback, who also designed the Ipoh Railway Station, this work-of-art was completed in 1916. The east end of the building was used as the Post and Telegraphs Office in 1928. This building is still used today – be it for concerts, wedding banquets, official functions, etc. It’s also had some restoration work done over the years. At present, its neighbour the (former) Post Office is going through a much needed ‘make-over’.

We do hope this splendid work-of-art lives on for many more years……