No, we’re not being ‘bitter’ about it…but did anyone realise that this beautiful floral clock is no more? For those who’ve never had the chance to see it, here are two pictures for you; both are from Ann Kesselring Hamon. The lady in white (left image) is Ann’s mother Florence Kesselring. As for the right image, it was taken from a 35mm Kodachrome slide.

For those (like me) who have never seen this lovely clock, it was once part of the Japanese Garden along Tambun Road.

Yes, it was installed in 1965.

It was still there in the late ’70s, but I don’t know what happened to it after that.

The clock and the gardens became an eyesore thanks to a combination of vandalism and lack of maintenance. Eventually, a couple of years ago or more the area was cleared and left bare. The Japanese Garden is no more!

Another here today & gone tomorrow. Used to go there during the weekends in the mid 60’s & at the same time visit the Race Course. Race Course also gone.

Re: my posting on Race Course. Just read that Perak Turf Club is still active. I havent been there since the late 60’s so dont know if it existed or it followed the same fate as the KL Race Course. I havent witness any horse racing event.Thought I heard there wasnt any real horse but a giant screen televised elsewhere.

🙂 Felicia , we can shake hands. We share the same boat.Heard there was a famous Turf Club laksa & now there is a branch in Leong Sin Nam Street .

Hi, Felicia, As per Google map, its 32 Jalan Leong Sin Nam – Restoran Chong Yang. Whether the Turf Club Laksa is still there or the Restoran or Coffee Shop name the same I would not know. Happy Food Trail.